The executive board of ISUF Italy, during its 5th International Conference “Urban substrata and city regeneration” in Palazzo Mattei di Giove in Rome, decided to convey an official message to the friends of ISUF China and therefore submits this text to the conference assembly for approval.
lettera isuf china
ISUFitaly, International Seminar on Urban Form, Italian Network, organizes its Fifth Conference in Rome on 19/22 February 2020.
The theme of the conference is Urban Substrata and City Regeneration. Morphological legacies as a design tool. Following the previous ISUFitaly conferences themes, dealing mainly with the relationships between urban morphology, history and architectural design, the fifth Conference aims to pose the problem of transformations in urban form considered as underlying the shape of the current city. Considering the existing built form meanings and values as part of the future city, the topics of urban continuity and congruent transformations are therefore proposed.
The organizers and the Council of ISUFitaly invite participation in the Conference by interested academics, professionals, and PhD students who have completed or are completing their research degree . Conference lenguage will be English
Topics on which proposals are particularly welcome include:
Urban form theories
- Ancient cities and modern theories
- Historical Cities Morphological Analysis theories and methods
- Theories on urban regeneration process
- Teaching urban form theories
Urban form reading
- Urban morphological analysis of historical territories and landscapes
- Urban morphological analysis of historical fabrics
- Urban morphological analysis of historical buildings
- Reading urban form as a tool for regeneration
- Teaching urban form reading
Urban form design
- Historical landscape and contemporary design
- Historical fabric and contemporary design
- Historical buildings and contemporary design
- Urban restoration
- Today’s city and future regeneration
- Urban design and post-trauma re-construction
- Urban Morphology and informal city regeneration
- Teaching urban form design
Proposals will take the form of abstracts of papers. They will be prepared in the following format: title of paper, author(s) name, affiliation, address, e-mail address, telephone number, keywords and 250-word abstract.