Link: https://uniroma1.zoom.us/j/87326675099 pwd=ZUFvaWRObzBZRW9UMW4wOXpqQnErZz09#success
DRACO/ SAPIENZA – KAEBUP / ERASMUS PLUS
The ISSUM experiment
Innovative teaching and urban form practicing.
Thursday 27 October 2022 – h.10.00 CET
Faculty of Architecture – Sapienza, University of Rome
Aula Magna – Piazza Fontanella Borghese
This meeting, organized by the Draco doctorate of the Sapienza, University of Rome, will present two different and complementary experiments in teaching urban form developed inside the Kaebup European research, aimed at demonstrating the value of these studies in design practice.
The first, the ISSUM summer school held in Rome from 20 to 28 June 2022 in the Ghetto area, is based on the need for theory and method in urban design; the second, the BMW workshop held in Porto from 26 to 29 July, is based, instead, on the practical reasons of the professional practice. Kaebup research (Knowledge Alliance for Evidence-Based Urban Practices) main objective is to create an international educational and training method on urban form studies aimed at the professional activity of architect. Kaebup’s partners comprise HEIs, NGOs and enterprises from different European cities, who have expertise of evidence-based design to benefit from the tools that research can provide to enterprises and from the experience of evidence-based practice.
- 10 .00 Greetings from the Draco Doctorate Coordinator Dina Nencini
Greetings from the Kaebup Coordinator Nadia Karalambous
- 10.20 Presentation of Kaebup /ISSUM (International Summer School
in Urban Morphology)
Learning by teaching Giuseppe Strappa,
Presentation of the results Alessandra Pusceddu Elena Ogliani Rita Salamouni
- 11.20 Presentation of the Kaebup BME workshop
Learning by doing Laurent Antonczak René Carraz
Presentation of the results Francesca De Rosa
- 12.20/13.00 Discussion – Chair Federica Visconti
Lamberto Amistadi , Domenico Chizzoniti, Renato Capozzi, Paolo Carlotti , Jörge Gleiter, Silvain Malfroy, Marco Maretto , Spartaco Paris
Rome – 20/28 June 2022
PALAZZO CENCI – BOLOGNETTI
Piazza delle Cinque Scole, 23
ISSUM, organized with the contribution of Isuf Regional Network, aims to offer students the opportunity to learn methods of UM through the teaching of international teachers and concretely verify the knowledge acquired through the interpretation of the built landscape. The ISSUM goal is to provide also a centre of excellence in urban form knowledge through multiple exchanges and involvement of students, academics, professionals in learning, research and design.
Through lectures and studio work, discussions, and research activities (in English), participants will explore the urban morphology studies’ role in reading historical and consolidated urban fabrics and producing an evidence-based intervention design.
The goal will be achieved through
Lectures intended to cover the theoretical part of the school’s teaching.
They will be held by:
• Isufitaly teachers giving lectures to introduce the students to the local UM methods (Italian-processual school).
• Guest teachers giving lectures on their research methods in UM.
• Guest professionals to give lectures on their design experience linked to the study of urban form.
Field surveys, organized by host teachers, will guide the students in practical urban analysis. The team of teachers will also provide the basic cartography helpful in reading the various case studies.
Studio activities, intended as reading exercises and practical drawings concerning the selected urban fabrics. They will also involve some hints on the architectural design related to the fabric studied. The students’ work will be discussed with the contribution of the host teachers, including local academics and professionals.
Minimum Requirements for the application are:
• 4th-year Architecture or Urban Planning student
• Some experience in urban form studies
To apply, interested students are required to send:
• name and surname
• date of birth, place of residence and nationality, email address
• a brief academic and professional CV and a motivation letter (maximum 4000 characters in all) containing all data considered useful for the evaluation (schools, universities and post-graduate courses attended, professional experiences, publications, etc. )
To support the dissemination of UM studies, Isuf will provide a grant to an African Student.
A final dinner will be organized on the 28th in a nearby restaurant (included in the fee). The fee does not include accommodation costs and the optional tour which will be organized on Sunday 26th of June.